Page 6 - NOV RAP NEWS 2017
P. 6

The Old Pineville City Hall, built in 1931, housed all city offices including the fire station, police station, jail, courtroom,
   judge’s chambers, mayor’s office and utilities department.
   When court was not in session, the courtroom was used as the public library and driver’s license bureau.
   Restored to its 1935 appearance, the facility is now a municipal government museum. The building as designed by Errol
   C. Barron in as modern a style as could be afforded in the Great Depression. It is constructed in various shades of
   brown, textured brick arranged in decorative motifs reminiscent the Art Deco period.

    Architectural drawing by Keith LaCour

Page 5| Rapides News
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11