Page 6 - DEC 2017 RAP NEWS
P. 6


  Formally: Trinity Methodist Church

   Architectural drawing by Keith LaCour
   The three-building complex on the corner of Chester and Paris Streets serves as the offices of Rapides Council On Aging, Inc.
   Recently the area was declared to be in the Alexandria Historical District. The property was once owned by Trinity Methodist
   The sanctuary was once the chapel at Camp Livingston and was
   moved to the Chester Street location in 1945. A photograph
   was taken to celebrate the successful moving of the chapel.
   (pictured right)
   The white, wooden building was re-surfaced in brick and two
   other brick buildings were built on the property. The original
   interior of the chapel is intact and the architecture is familiar to
   any person who has ever served in the armed services because
   all chapels are built the same everywhere in the world.

Page 5| Rapides News
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11